Michelle Caldier is a blood-red Republican! Although she would have us believe she is a moderate, and works in a bi-partisan fashion, in reality, she is perfectly aligned with the far-right drift of the Republican Party. Some on the right-wing fringe even attempt to portray her as a RINO (Republican in name only), but that is patently false.
In fact, her voting record reveals she has voted along Republican party lines a dozen more times than her ultra-extremist State Housemate, Jesse Young!
On key issues that Democrats care about – healthcare, education, housing, sensible gun laws, and especially the environment, Caldier votes straight along the Republican party line.
A small sampling of progressive legislation Michelle Caldier opposed in 2019:
- AGAINST! Increasing access to healthcare (SB 5526)
- AGAINST! K-12 Education funding (HB 2140 & HB 2163)
- AGAINST! Strengthening workers’ rights through collective bargaining (HB1575)
- AGAINST! Red Flag law regarding firearms (SB5205)
Some of Michelle Caldier’s grades for 2019:
- “F” -- NARAL - Pro Choice America
- “30%” -- Washington State Labor Council
- “D” -- Alliance for Gun Responsibility
Michelle Caldier's Record:
Her positions are not bi-partisan in the least; in fact, she is right in line with her Republican confederates.
'Shine a Light on the Right' focuses on the records and activities of our statehouse reps to help voters in Washington State's 26th Legislative District make informed choices and impart reliable information with fellow voters who share our progressive values. Our goal is to keep you informed, incensed, and inspired to action!